For more than 25 years, Asurion has been a leader in innovation, not only in the tech solutions industry but in creating a culture where employees feel valued. At Asurion, we don’t just provide customers with exceptional service — we create a positive experience for our employees, helping them grow their careers while they help customers enjoy and do more with their technology.
In this role, the candidate will support the Operations Finance SG&A team in key areas, including serving as a subject matter expert to both internal Operations Finance team members and business partners related to internal accounting/procurement processes, assisting in the development of the company’s annual and multi-year business plans, becoming a key finance point of contact for various business functions, monthly/quarterly/annual management and communication of SG&A results, partnering with other finance groups to ensure proper monthly reconciliations, identifying valuable process improvements, performing business case analysis/scenario modeling, and other analytical requests and projects.
The candidate will work in partnership with other members of the Operations Finance SG&A team as well as the rest of the global organization to help drive financial and operational initiatives and actions required to achieve the annual and multi-year business plans.
The candidate will have sound financial analysis skills, excellent business acumen, strong ability to lead and influence others, critical thinking proficiency, and solid communication skills. The candidate must be customer-centric, have strong interpersonal skills, be able to balance the demands of a rapidly growing global company, and be results-driven.
As a Financial Analyst, SG&A here's what you'll do:
- SG&A Business Partner Support
- a. Act as primary finance point-of-contact for multiple business leaders in various functions
- b. Understand business function and articulate and communicate impact of change on financial results
- c. Support the development of the annual and multi-year business plans, including financial projections as well as short-term and long-range financial planning, forecasting, analytics, and reporting
- d. Work with accounting to prepare monthly accruals and journal entries on behalf of business partners
- e. Become a subject matter expert at OneStream, our financial analysis tool
- Periodic Reporting
- a. Assist with the preparation and distribution of monthly reporting to business partners and internal SG&A team
- b. Automate and create more robust processes where appropriate and applicable
- c. Support ad hoc projects as assigned
- Process Guidance
- a. Assist in educating and guiding partners on finance and accounting processes including purchase orders, OneStream updates, spend approvals, month end accounting deadlines, etc.
- b. Partner with accounting and procurement teams to understand internal policies and guidelines
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- 1-2 years of related business experience with demonstrated progression of responsibility or position, preferably in a high-growth or transformational environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in economics, finance, or accounting
- Hands-on style with ability to drive projects to closure
- Proven track record of delivering results and excellent attention to detail
- Solid financial planning, financial analysis, data mining, and modeling expertise. Strong Excel financial modeling skills are critical
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Intermediate technical skill, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity, who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions, and can deliver on assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to meeting tight deadlines, under certain level of stress, self-motivation, and willingness to work afterhours as necessary
- An individual who is self-confident, competent, and independent. Willingness to take on related additional tasks and expand on current responsibilities with minimal direction
- Entrepreneurial appreciation; talent for leading change to achieve best results
- Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated analysts and managers with increasing responsibility and challenge
- Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach
- Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance-based environment
- Strong cross-functional, multi-level collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
We take care of you (benefits/perks):
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Competitive pay and benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits program
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing education support
- Tuition reimbursement